Energy Account Payment Assistance (EAPA)
The Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) Scheme helps people experiencing a short term financial crisis or emergency to pay their electricity or natural gas bill. The scheme helps people stay connected to essential energy services during a financial crisis. The Scheme is a crisis program and is not intended to offer ongoing income support.
How it works:
EAPA vouchers are issued by participating providers (e.g, Bateau Bay Neighbourhood Centre
, and our sister Centre, Berkeley Vale Neighbourhood Centre
). For a list of providers, click here
or call Service NSW on 13 77 88
The EAPA Scheme operates through a voucher system and each voucher is worth $50. The EAPA provider assesses the customer's situation and determines each case based on individual circumstances. The vouchers issued to the customer will be sent to the retailer electronically by the EAPA provider and the vouchers will be paid to the customer's account.
To find out more about EAPA you can go to:
EAPA at Bateau Bay Neighbourhood Centre
If you are at risk of disconnection or in a financial crisis with a bill that is overdue ring us on 4332 7450
to make an appointment. You should bring a copy of your original account and any subsequent correspondence from your energy provider with you. We cannot help with re-connection fees or non-current residential addresses.
We offer this assistance to people who reside in the following areas: Bateau Bay, Blue Bay, Killarney Vale, Toowoon Bay, Tumbi Umbi.
Other Energy Rebates
There are several other kinds of rebates available to assist people with their energy bills:
- Family Energy Rebate,
- Gas Rebate,
- Low Income Household Rebate,
- Life Support Rebates,
- Medical Energy Rebates.
To find out more, go to http://www.resourcesandenergy.nsw.gov.au/energy-consumers/financial-assistance/rebates
Rebate Increase Update 4/9/17
The NSW Government has just announced changes to the Energy Account Payment Assistance (EAPA) program and the energy rebates. For EAPA, the new limits are up to 6 vouchers ($300) per bill and up to 12 vouchers ($600) per year for both electricity and gas accounts. Information about the other rebate changes, which will be implemented 'as early as possible' is shown below.
||Current rate pa
||New rate pa
|Low income Household Rebate
|Family Energy Rebate
($15 part payment)
($20 part payment)
|Life Support Rebate
||up to $1120
||up to $1320
|Medical Energy Rebate
|Energy Accounts Payment Assistance
||5 x $50 vouchers per bill claim, max twice per year (total $500 annually)
||6 x $50 vouchers per bill claim , max twice per year (total $600 annually)
Free Counselling Service
Click on picture for an A5 flyer
professional counselling service is now available here at BBNC. Our counsellor Vanessa can provide assistance with:
- relationship and family problems,
- developing strong, healthy relationships within the family unit,
- issues to do with family violence, behavioural problems and relationship issues,
- support and/or referrals for families including: financial support, parenting support and daily household living skills,
- depression, anxiety, self-esteem, anger, grief & loss.
The service is available by appointment on Tuesdays
between 9.45 am
and 2.45 pm
. Please call us on 4332 7450
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to book your appointment.
Click on the picture for an A4-5 flyer
BBNC now has a Youth worker from Regional Youth Support Services here at Bateau Bay Neighbourhood Centre on Wednesdays from 2-4 pm
. For more information please call 4332 7450
. A Google location map is available on our Contact BBNC
Food Store and Op Shop
BBNC Food Store:
Click on the picture for an A5 flyer
Having trouble making ends meet? Help is here! We stock a variety of groceries, pantry supplies (including longlife milk), and toiletries at our Food Store. Items sold range from 50c to $3.00. The Food Store is open Monday to Thursday from 9am—3pm.
We also have free day-old bread on Tuesday
mornings. Frozen bread is usually available any time Monday
to Thursday 9am-3pm
We also have surplus fresh fruit and vegetables from Second Bite after 1 pm Mondays, Tuesdays
Emergency food hampers are available for people in extreme circumstances. If you need emergency food assistance, please call us for an appointment on 4332 7450.
Bargain shopping is easy at our op shop!
We have a great range of clothing, including children’s clothing, shoes and books. Most clothing is only $1!
We are open from Monday to Thursday from 9am—3pm.
Donations of goods gladly accepted. We also accept donations to our food store.
To find out more about Tax Help and to see if you are eligible, click on the thumbnail.
Tax Help is available in 2017 on Tuesday mornings from July 18th
Click on the picture for an A5 flyer
- For people on low incomes, non-English speaking backgrounds, seniors or disabled, Tax Help is available for simple tax returns (e.g. not self-employed).
- To find out more about Tax Help and to see if you are eligible, click on the thumbnail at right.
- Bookings are essential, and you should call us on 4332 7450 to make an appointment, and to discuss what you need to bring with you.
- Appointments are available at the following times only: Tuesdays 9:30am, 10:15am, 11:00am, 11:45am and 12:30pm.
Office Services, PC & Internet Access
By appointment, the following services are available:
Connect up to the world with the Internet
- Phone Calls: Local $0.50, STD & Mobile $1.50
- B/W Printing or Photocopying: $0.20 per page, $0.40 per double-sided page
- Colour Printing or Photocopying: $0.50, $1.00 per double-sided page
- Laminating: A4 $1.00, A3 $2.00
- Document Binding (up to 45 pages) $5.00
- Computer & Internet (2hrs) $2.00
See our 'Activities' page
for information about beginners' computer courses here at BBNC.
Recycle unwanted books, including children's books, by bringing them to the Neighbourhood Centre and swapping them with books from our shelves.
- If you don’t have any books to swap then you can still buy from us at $2.00 for 4 books.
- If you don't want to swap, donations of books are still gratefully accepted.