Food and Crisis Support
Food insecurity is one of the most significant challenges our community faces.
Bateau Bay Neighbourhood Centre’s Food relief service assists community members by providing Fruit, Vegetables, Frozen Food, Meals (Fresh and Frozen) hampers and staple food items when available.
Our organisation partners with many charities and agencies including Oz Harvest, Second Bite, Rotary, Coast Hands, Share the Dignity, Good 360, Thrive Church and Shoe Box Revolution.
Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) vouchers
If you’ve been impacted by a crisis or emergency situation and are having difficulty paying your electricity or gas bill, the Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) Scheme may be able to help.
This NSW Government Scheme provides vouchers towards your energy bills, and is available if you’ve been affected by a short-term financial crisis or emergency, such as unexpected medical bills. EAPA vouchers are sent electronically to your energy retailer and used to credit your home electricity or gas account.
How does it work?
1. Apply online via Service NSW or make an appointment with an EAPA provider by phone
2. Let your energy provider know you have made an appointment for EAPA assessment
3. The agency will assess whether you are eligible for EAPA vouchers and, if so, how many
4. The vouchers will be submitted electronically straight to the provider and they should be paid into your account within five business days
5. If you apply through an agency they may also help you arrange a payment plan with your provider for the remainder of the bill, or provide other assistance such as financial counselling
6. If not organised already, call your energy provider to make an arrangement for the remainder of your bill
If you are unable to make arrangements to pay the remainder, you can contact us for help.
Please contact the centre for further assistance and to make an appointment
Personal Care Items
These items are distributed subject to need and include sanitary products, toiletries, and baby care products.
One washing machine is available on site. We do not have a dryer. Clients are able to use the washing machine when needed, this is via appointment only.